New York DWI DUI Hardship License
After your arrest for a DWI / DUI in New York, your driver’s license will be administratively suspended at your arraignment and remain suspended until the end of your case.
If you are an out of state driver, your privileges to drive in New York will be suspended.
But…. state law does provide you an opportunity to try to get ahardship drivers license in New York while your case is pending to drive to and from work…. if a court is satisfied that you are eligible.
The factors that the court will consider are as follows:
- You must not have refused to take a chemical test;
- You must not have had a previous DWI conviction within the last five years,;
- You must testify at the hardship hearing that with out your drivers license you would suffer extreme hardship and that there is no viable alternative means of getting to work other than driving yourself, you may have to provide documentation to support your hardship claims;
- You must have a witness testify who supports and confirms your hardship claims;
- Additional witnesses must confirm that there are no family members, friends or coworkers that could drive you to work.
And a talented DUI attorney can assist you in getting your hardship license.
If you need driving privileges as soon as possible, we are there to assist you and help present your claim to the court for a hardship license.
If you have been charged with DWI/DUI anywhere in NY., we urge you to call for a no obligation consultation and ask questions about a NY DWI hardship license.
We have significant experience handling these matters and will use our knowledge of the law and New York courts to try and get your driving privileges restored as soon as possible.
For some of the most experienced DWI/DUI representation in New York, give us a call. We will not pressure you. We will not play any games. We’ll answer your questions – and ask you a few as well. And if you want us to help….we will.
In the NYC area and Long Island, call us at 212 683 5912.
For WNY & Upstate NY, call 1 800 879 6410.
If the call is long distance, or you live elsewhere in New York, call us for free at 1 800 879 6410.
A Joint Venture between the Law Offices of Carl Spector & Friedman & Ranzenhofer, PC
30 Wall Street, 8th Floor | New York, New York 10005 | Ph: (212) 683 5912
74 Main Street | Akron, NY 14001 | Ph: (716) 542 5444
Serving New York City, Akron, Batavia, Buffalo, Rochester, West Seneca, Williamsville/Clarence, Niagara Falls, Syracuse & Albany.